Nanaimo Location Services
WORKBC offers integrated and accessible services to help British Columbians be successful in finding and keeping work. As part of the WORK BC team led by the Prime Contractor GT Hiring Solutions, VIVRS provides specialized employment and life skill services to residents of Nanaimo who:
- Identify themselves as living with a disability
- Have multiple life challenges that make employment difficult
- Are women who have experienced abuse or violence.
All services at VIVRS are tailored to fit your needs. When you meet with a VIVRS Employment Coordinator, you will work together to choose the services that will be of most benefit. Examples include:
- Vocational assessments to identify career interests, transferable skills, and personal strengths
- Specialized assessments to identify accommodations needed in the workplace, or during training
- Research to help you make a solid decision about the future
- Personal counselling to overcome the impacts of abuse
- Individual coaching to help you manage a disability or challenging life circumstances
- Connection to community supports that improve health and functioning
- Employment counselling to help you reach your goals
- Access to skills training to prepare for employment
- Job placement and work experience placements in your area of interest
- Assistance with your job search, resume and interview preparation
- Development of customized employment situations
- Practical support when you begin work.
- Onsite job coaching and support to the job seeker and employer
- 52 weeks of job sustainment support
8:30am - 4:30pm
101 – 155 Skinner St.