Nanaimo Location Services
The Employment Program of BC (EPBC) offers integrated and accessible services to help British Columbians be successful in finding and keeping work. As part of the EPBC team led by GT Hiring Solutions, VIVRS provides specialized employment and life skill services to residents of Nanaimo who:
- Identify themselves as living with a disability
- Have multiple life challenges that make employment difficult
- Are women who have experienced abuse or violence.
All services at VIVRS are tailored to fit your needs. When you meet with a VIVRS Specialist, you will work together to choose the services that will be of most benefit. Examples include:
- Vocational assessments to identify career interests, transferable skills, and personal strengths
- Specialized assessments to identify accommodations needed in the workplace, or during training
- Research to help you make a solid decision about the future
- Personal counselling to overcome the impacts of abuse
- Individual coaching to help you manage a disability or challenging life circumstances
- Connection to community supports that improve health and functioning
- Employment counselling to help you reach your goals
- Access to skills training to prepare for employment
- Job placement and work experience placements in your area of interest
- Assistance with your job search, resume and interview preparation
- Development of customized employment situations
- Practical support when you begin work.
Vancouver Island Vocational and Rehabilitation Services Ltd. has been sub-contracted by GT Hiring Solutions to deliver Employment Program of BC services to persons with disabilities and survivors of violence or abuse in Nanaimo. For more information on WorkBC and the Employment Program of BC, please click here.
Our hours of operation are:
Monday–Friday 8:30 am–4:30 pm
See below for more information on location details
241 Milton Street . 250-753-4225
#103-321 Wallace Street . 250-753-4225